Dr. Tradd Harter has been creating classic smiles since 1999. An Anderson, South Carolina, native, Dr. Harter was drawn to the Athens area because of the community’s love of family, food, and of course, football! He associated with Dr. James Morang, eventually purchasing the practice in 2001. Dr. Morang remains a trusted mentor to this day. A photographer, motorcycle enthusiast, and hunter, Dr. Harter enjoys all of the natural beauty that Northeast Georgia’s outdoors has to offer.
- Graduated 1993 with honors with a B.S. in Biology from Furman University
- Completed his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) in 1997 from the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine in Charleston, S.C.
- He completed a residency program in orthodontics in 1999 at the University of Missouri at Kansas City, where he earned a certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- He is a member of numerous dental organizations including the American Association of Orthodontists, Georgia Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, Eastern District Dental Society, and Clarke County Dental Society. Dr. Harter has had the opportunity to take on leadership roles and believes that organized dentistry keeps the profession focused completely on the best interest of the patient.
Dr. Harter’s desire to provide life-changing results as well as his love for art and science lead Dr. Harter to becoming an orthodontist. His father and uncle are practicing physicians and his grandfather was a general dentist. They were instrumental in his educational process and development to provide an extremely high level of care with a highly personal touch.
Dr. Harter has two sons, Gavin and Aidan, who graduated from Prince Avenue Christian School. He could often be found on the sidelines as the team photographer.
Dr. Harter looks forward to meeting you and discussing all aspects of your care and desires for the perfect smile.
Dr. Alex Culberson was born and raised in the good ole state of Georgia. From the peaceful lakes and beaches to the rolling Blue Ridge Mountains, he has grown up with an appreciation for a state that has a great deal to offer. Grateful for his upbringing here, he loves to help those around him by creating beautiful, healthy smiles that last a lifetime. “Dr. C”, as his patients know him, is proud to be the only practicing orthodontist in the Athens/Oconee area with a degree from the University of Georgia.
- Graduated with honors with a B.S. in Biology from the University of Georgia
- Completed dental school at the Dental College of Georgia, graduating #1 in his class while receiving his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree
- Trained at The Ohio State University, where he obtained both a Master’s of Science (MS) in Dentistry and his certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
In order to continue to provide the best possible care for his patients, Dr. Culberson regularly attends continuing education courses and conferences, remaining dedicated to learning and educating others to keep up with latest orthodontic techniques. He also is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Georgia Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, Eastern District Dental Society, and Clarke County Dental Society.
Dr. Culberson could not be more excited to be back in the Athens/Oconee area. He can be found supporting his community with his family and the Classic City Orthodontics’ team. He loves being actively involved in bettering those around him and encourages his patients and neighbors to do the same. Being an active member of the Rotary Club of Oconee County, allows him to further his involvement in giving back to our community.
Although it may seem that Dr. Culberson only lives for making beautiful smiles, he is passionate about staying active, especially outdoors. When not in the office, you can find Dr. Culberson spending time with his amazing wife, Elizabeth Anne, their son “AJ”, and their dog. He also enjoys being active in Athens Church, cheering on the Dawgs, playing golf, hunting, woodworking, snowboarding, and backpacking just to name a few.